We are looking for a veterinary assistant who loves interacting with people and making them feel valued and comfortable and can see themselves being the person who makes sure that our doctors and technicians have the help they need in order to give our patients excellent loving care. If this sounds like you, learn more below!
What We Have For You
- 4 day work week
- A chance to learn from fun and really talented certified veterinary technicians
- A team that shares the core values of TIGER PI! (teamwork, integrity, grace, effort, responsibility, positivity and initiative)
- A lunch break (yep, we’ll make sure you take it!)
- Curbside COVID-safe care
- Mandatory daily rounds that keep the entire team informed and inspired to make the day great
- Regular “funtivities” – sometimes we even read children’s books or color together!
- Weekly staff training sessions as learning is the path to greatness
- Health benefit of EHRBA -pays for counseling, vitamins, glasses, dr visits – all kinds of things you need!
- Retirement savings
- Uniform allowance and bi-annual shoe allowance
- Paid Fear Free certification
- Vacation time, sick time and PTO
- Pet care discounts
- Team building games where you can win contributions to the charity of your choice
What You Need
- Passion for the veterinary medical profession – we want you to come excited to work and learn!
- Problem-solving skills
- Commitment to do the tasks assigned to you well – whole-way, not half-way
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Commitment to learning and growing
- Excellent client service – we love our clients and spend plenty of time interacting with them virtually and on the phone
- Comfort being on Zoom and using technology to communicate
- High-quality work
- Compassionate patient care
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit (not Teen Spirit, but a love of 90’s songs will serve you well)
- Positive attitude
- Strong understanding of the importance of a clean medical facility
What You'll Enjoy Doing in Your Role
- Patient admission – bringing pets safely into the building for examination and getting clients set up to chat virtually
- Participate in huddles and perform administrative tasks assigned to you
- Filling prescriptions
- Accurately maintain medical records and enter charges as dictated by doctors and technicians
- Setting up cytologies and in-house blood tests
- Growing your skills
- Portraying confidence and value in our patient care to our clients
- Following COVID safety and cleaning protocols
Veterinary Assistant Job in Carlisle, PA
Do you believe that if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right? Are you the kind of person that feels a great sense of accomplishment by crossing off to-dos on your list? Do you love interacting with people and making them feel valued and comfortable? Do you look at veterinary technicians and veterinarians and see inspiring rock stars that you want to support and learn from? Could you see yourself being the person who makes sure that our doctors and technicians have the help they need in order to give our patients excellent loving care?
At Healing Paws Veterinary Care, we want to create a better quality of life for pets and the people who love them; so we are looking for talented team members who really love people as much as they love pets! For this assistant position, we are looking for The Robin to Our Batmans! Pet owners matter, and as the sidekick to an exam room team, your job will be to make sure that our doctor’s notes and recommendations are recorded so that pet owners receive clear documentation that helps them understand exactly what their pet is going through and what they need. If you’re a sponge for knowledge, you will be learning every day through listening to your team and hearing their recommendations to our clients, while helping enter that information into medical records! Using Zoom to prepare the history for exams and go over invoices, you will make connections with our clients helping them understand the personalized care we provide their pets. Clear effective communication is so important in our practice and a big part of your significant role is to make sure that our clients receive the information they need to provide well for their best friends! As a sidekick to our in-patient medical team, you will get to learn and be inspired by our certified veterinary technicians as they teach you to restrain patients using Fear Free methods, how to set up laboratory tests and fill prescriptions. As a shift-end sidekick, you will work alongside all of your fun teammates, with the tunes cranking, to be sure that our hospital is clean and safe for patients and ourselves. Your day will fly, you will learn, and you will go home (on time) and proud.
This position is for someone who takes pride in attention to detail and efficiency, is not afraid of hard work, and enjoys interacting with new people. You must be highly skilled at typing, spelling, listening, and following through on assigned duties in an efficient manner. Veterinary field experience is not required but safe animal handling is a required part of the job so you will need to put in studying time to earn your Fear Free certification. You will need to feel comfortable interacting with people, cats, and dogs of all sizes and breeds in this position.