Are you searching for a job in which you can make a difference in the lives of pets and pet owners? Are you interested in gaining more knowledge on animal behavior and how to make pets as comfortable and happy as possible with that knowledge? Healing Paws Veterinary Care & Pet Resort is seeking a person with such goals to join our team!
Our Pet Resort offers Fear-Free boarding and day camp for cats and dogs. This means providing a low-stress environment and personalized care to every cat and dog that enters our facility. Attention to detail is very important in this position as well as having customer service skills that exceed expectation. While you get to know our pet vacationers very well, you will also spend a lot of time getting to know our clients.
In this position, you will be able to move up in your responsibilities as you gain experience with us. You will be responsible for each pet’s feeding, medication administration once trained, exercise and overall well being. Playgroups are established based on each pet’s personality.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Feeding and watering dogs and cats
- Cleaning wastes immediately upon occurrence
- Cleaning the facility
- Handling all dog and cat breeds of varying personalities
- Accompanying pets on bathroom breaks
- Accompanying pets during play group sessions
- Daily thorough recording of patients’ activities in computer and paper records
- Cuddling pets who are away from home
- Attending regular staff meetings and training
- Interacting in a pleasant and professional manner with the pet owners and team
Must be able to:
- Lift at least 50 lbs unaided on a frequent basis
- Be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Be able to bend and kneel regularly
- Keep organized and thorough records of each pet
- Properly and safely hold small and semi-large animals
Veterinary medicine and/or animal handling experience preferred. Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com to be considered. Part-time or full-time positions available for the right candidate.