We are looking for a veterinary technician that is excited to lead their own virtual appointments, perform laser therapy, cystocentesis, laboratory testing, and have scheduled time to formulate behavioral and nutrition plans for their patients. If this sounds like you, learn more below!
What We Have For You
- 4 day work week
- A team that shares the core values of TIGER PI! (teamwork, integrity, grace, effort, responsibility, positivity and initiative)
- A lunch break (yep, we’ll make sure you take it!)
- Curbside COVID-safe care
- A focus on thorough diagnostics, high-quality dental care, and complete communication with clients and team members alike. (Did we mention how much we love cats and old dogs?)
- Equipment and software – the things you read about in other ads.
- Mandatory daily rounds that keep the entire team informed and inspired to make the day great
- Regular “funtivities” – sometimes we even read children’s books or color together!
- Weekly staff training sessions as learning is the path to greatness
- Your thoughts and suggestions will be heard and valued!
- An hourly wage that shows your skills are valued
- Health benefit of EHRBA -pays for counseling, vitamins, glasses, dr visits – all kinds of things you need!
- Retirement savings
- Uniform allowance and bi-annual shoe allowance
- License fees and paid Fear Free certification
- Vacation time, sick time and PTO
- Pet care discounts
- Continuing education stipend
- Team building games where you can win contributions to the charity of your choice
What You Need
- A strong passion for the veterinary medical profession – we want you to come excited to take care of our clients, pets, and your teammates!
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation with a drive to continue learning and growing.
- At least 2 years work experience as a veterinary technician
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Team spirit (not Teen Spirit – although a love of 90’s music means a lot!)
- Excellent client service skills – you need to really enjoy interacting with clients – that is what drives us at Healing Paws!
- Comfort with technology – computers and tablets are an integral part of our day – we spend plenty of time interacting with clients via Zoom and text and our records are all electronic.
- A desire to produce high-quality work no matter the task on your plate
- Compassionate patient care
- Attention to detail
- A positive attitude
- A strong understanding of the importance of a clean medical facility
What You'll Enjoy Doing in Your Role
- Patient admission – helping clients understand what their pet will experience during the day and portraying the value of our services
- Monitoring and managing pets under anesthesia
- Handling patients in a Fear Free manner – being an advocate for both pain and anxiety control for your patients
- Patient care (from IVC placement, laser therapy to recovery monitoring)
- Reviewing and fill prescription refill requests
- Accurately maintaining medical records and entering charges
- Taking X-rays, reading cytologies, performing cystocentesis
- Performing in house laboratory diagnostics
- Growing your skills
- Inspiring veterinary assistants to grow into veterinary technicians
- Following COVID safety and cleaning protocols
The happier you are at work, the happier you will be at home, which means even better patient care, and what we all want is healthy, happy pets!
Veterinary Medical Technician Job in Carlisle, PA
Does it excite you to know that our veterinary technicians get to do cool things like lead their own wellness appointments, perform laser therapy, cystocentesis, laboratory testing, and have scheduled time to formulate behavioral and nutrition plans for their patients? Do you want to work at a place where the most common staff comment is – “I love how supportive it is here, and I learn so much”! Does the idea of a 4 day work week complete with one hour actual lunch breaks, funtivities, and a team compliments board sound like the way to complete your veterinary dream?
At Healing Paws Veterinary Care, we are growing, and we are looking for magical veterinary professionals like you! We want you by our doctor’s side, keeping our patients safe, healthy, comfortable, and loved. We want you to care for patients and their owners while having fun amongst our team and getting to go home on time! Our appointment schedule and format allow us to give care fairly to our patients while considering the importance of your life “after hours.” (Have you listened to Dr. Sands’ Vet Med After Hours podcast??) At Healing Paws, the fairness, honesty, and kindness that we show our clients is reflected back to our team, and you will find yourself developing great relationships with our amazing clients. We can’t wait for you to see how rewarding it is to work in a relationship-focused, Fear Free-based, unique practice where we value that people matter as much as pets!
This position is for a veterinary technician who truly understands that they are a voice for the patient, the client, and the doctor team. Our clients quickly bond with and trust our technicians while our doctors highly value your skills and knowledge. Our technicians get to do what they love and love what they do!
Experienced non-certified veterinary technicians:
You will be responsible for client education, exam room patient handling, laboratory testing, and assisting certified technicians with medical and surgical patient care.
Experienced certified veterinary technicians:
You will have the opportunity to perform patient care, venipuncture, cystocentesis, catheter placement, client education, anesthetic induction, dental hygiene and radiographs, laboratory testing, nutritional and behavior coaching (if those interest you) and have your own technician wellness and laser therapy appointments.